Tuesday, February 28, 2012

How †Φ▲TANYA NEFERTARI▲Φ† started



designed and made this garment because i was tired of seeing THE typical oversized and shapeless clothing made out of African print fabrics. I then decided to make something modern and westernised using a type of fabric which would be considered "ethnic". 


I'd somehow forgotten how much i love creating, the rush and sense of accomplishment i felt after making this dress made me want to make more garments, hence I've been so motivated by the exuberant, exotic African colours around me (since moving to Zimbabwe) that I've since made over 20 other pieces. 


Who would've thought Tanya the rebel and fashion non-conformist would end up being put in a "Fashion Designer" box? Lol most of my friends back home would not believe me if i told them what i've ended up doing, they know me as the rebel that's against conventional fashion and trends. I guess i can say im designing for all the fashion rebels out there. Why? because i don't follow a trend or the expected, im just following my whim and making what i think should be out there, this is a piece ME. 


So yeah......watch this space!!! :)


----> †Φ▲TANYA NEFERTARI▲Φ†





No comments:

Post a Comment